Thursday, March 1, 2012

Servile Sect "Realms of the Queen" cd/lp


Servile Sect
Realms of the Queen
Ecstatic Peace (cd)/King of the Monsters (lp)
(4)

This has been out for awhile so I am am sure you have at least heard of it. Even though this cd came out in 2010 I never got a chance to hear it until it showed up in the mail recently. I just want to share with those of you who don't know how or Realms of the Queen much I enjoyed this record. Black Metal, Shoegaze, Drone, Noise and Dark Wave are all touched upon over the eight tracks that make up the full length cd. So many weird genre changes could end up with something very unfocused and scattered but this is absolutely cohesive. Heavy waves of droning distortion over drum machine and screeching blacked vocals make for something like a bit more psychedelic but less brutal Sutkeh Hexen. I can't believe it took me this long to check this thing out. I have about four more Servile Sect releases to check out and I am going to try to go in order from here on out...



UPDATE: Holy crap! In my pile of Servile Sect releases to review was Realms of the Queen on vinyl. It's amazing. The vinyl itself is clear with glow in the dark mixed throughout. In print now and worth picking up right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment