Thursday, May 31, 2012

Ice Orgy s/t cs


Ice Orgy
s/t
Unovis





This is awesome. I have been itching to post this review but I am so crazy backed up right now. Ice Orgy is huge sweeping drone that has massive movements and a lot more dynamics than you might be used to from someone working within that genre. First of all the music is gorgeous, it sounds a little like Brian Eno meets Winters in Osaka. There are some occasional subtle beats that never get in the way or take away from any of the rhythmless drone. There is a lovely tension throughout that almost feels like watching a birth, it's beautiful and impressive but it is also dangerous and can be quite sad. Roy Styles has created something quite impressive. 
     The look of this is untouchable really. Letterpressed j-card, slipcase and labels give this such a finished yet handmade look I can't help but want to steal this. I recommend this quite a bit.
     Would I buy this yes. Absolutely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment