Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Candy Hearts "Everything's Amazing & Nobody's Happy" cs


Candy Hearts
Everything's Amazing & Nobody's Happy
Kind of Like Records



This is very different than anything I have listened to since 1993. This sounds like Belly, Throwing Muses, Juliana Hatfield and Get Up Kids. In fact this sounds almost exactly like an updated version of Juliana Hatfield. The singer sounds so god damn cute that it kinda bothers me. I will probably look her up on the internet though and feel like a total creep… Okay, found them. Yeah, she's cute and I feel like a weirdo. Anyhow, I will say that this is very much not my kind of music. I don't listen to this kind of stuff at all but I am totally going to give this to my 11 year old step daughter. I bet she will dig it. If not now, soon. The music is well played, well sung and pretty damn good but it is just a ways from what I am into.
     The artwork is sweet and perfect for the music. The faux handwritten type is pretty convincing too. Not too bad. Ultimately this is a fine pop record and if you love this stuff you should totally grab it. 

     Would I buy this? Nope. I'm too old and gross. (DJ)

No comments:

Post a Comment