Thursday, February 2, 2012

Dust Cult/Horrible Mess "Urine Soaked Rag" cs


Dust Cult/Horrible Mess
Urine Soaked Rag
(3)


I am glad I got to hear Dust Cult lately. In the world of noise and HNW they are doing some good work. This cassette is no exception. I have been saying releases are "totally solid" a lot lately and I need to get away from that turn of phrase but it works here as well. Although I feel like I want to hear more because I am not quite getting a unique "voice" from this but I really do like it. Horrible Mess is an awesome name for a noise act. It's really not much of a horrible mess aurally though. It's also quite good but it's pretty straight forward noise edging towards HNW. I would like to hear a bit more of what this person or people are up to. This cassette is well worth picking up and packed with potential. Limited to 20 copies and probably almost gone. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Demian, I'd like to point out a few things: Urine Soaked Rag is the name of the label, not the title of the split. The label is run by Chris who is also Horrbile Mess, more infos at: http://urinesoakedrag.blogspot.com/
    http://horriblemess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info! I will fix that.

    ReplyDelete