Monday, May 23, 2016

Animal Holograms—Phantasmagoric Menagerie cs


Animal Holograms
Phantasmagoric Menagerie
Custom Made Music



I’m never a big fan of when I have to look online to figure out what is the band name and what is the name of the album. When your hierarchy on your layout is off that happens. I guess the artwork for this release is pretty limited. Only 50 copies on what seems like it’s a pretty big deal so I can see why they probably didn’t care too much. Also, when you know what the band name is you kinda see a layout through a filter that I, as someone who had never heard of the band before, does not possess. That said, this is kinda rad. It’s not really my thing and it’s a little peppered with samples that are distracting and seem a bit dated but all of that aside it’s pretty good. They list some inspirations on their bandcamp and they make sense: Big Star, Deerhunter, Radiohead, Of Montreal… I could maybe add Dinosaur Jr, Mudhoney and Rose Windows to that list as well but maybe that’s just me. It’s pretty good if you are into that type of thing. I can find myself in the mood to relive my early 20s in 90s Seattle sometimes so I may come back to this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment