Friday, December 30, 2011

Raven "the Earth Dies Screaming" cs


Raven
the Earth Dies Screaming
Worthless Recordings
(3)


I wasn't sure what I was going to think about this one but I pleasantly surprised by what I encountered. Haunting drone with subtly mixed tape manipulations and synths create some eerie atmospheres in a similar vein as Oakeater and maybe a little Hair Police. This is right up my alley as it is lo fi enough to sound faded and sad but sophisticated enough in it's composition to sound interesting. I recommend this little gem from Worthless Recordings. The packaging is very much trying to get you to do something to stop vivisection and go vegetarian. I sympathize but it seems almost pointless to advertise these ideals to the noise/drone scene in an edition of 50 copies. It sorta takes away from the excellent music and you could make a much bigger impact with 50 flyers in a high trafficked downtown area of your local city. I don't mind the effort though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment