Friday, December 30, 2011

AMK "Imbricate" cs


AMK
Imbricate
Nostilevo
(4)


Nostilevo is a brand new label for me to check out and I am very excited to get into this little stack I have here on my desk. AMK stands for Anthony Michael King and this tape is made up of his field recordings. Originally two hours of field recordings that label then went ahead and mixed them. It's pretty excellent use of fucked up loops and pummeling noise. Real good stuff. The packaging is very simple and a little extra DIY. It's been awhile since I have come across spray painted cassettes and simple xeroxed j cards. In the past I may have hoped for more effort but with the audio and the style of the artwork and layout I think it's just perfect. I am definitely excited to dig into this stack if this is the level of work that Nostilevo is putting out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment