Sunday, October 30, 2011

Holographic Beast "Glass Tightrope" cs


Holographic Beast
Glass Tightrope
Know/Care Sounds
(4)

The initial mood set up by this release is almost too comforting. You realize in a couple seconds that everything is probably going to be destroyed. Like entering a room full of stacks of fine china. Something permanent is about to happen. It does. Harsh commanding vocals and a wall of harsh and spastic noise tears into the serene yet somehow alien landscape set up in the first few minutes. That is just the first three tracks. The repetition and rhythmic waves of noise that color this release are incredibly hypnotic. I had a hard time remembering that I had to write about this while listening to it. I started out thinking I was going to give this a 3 instead of a 4 because I was pretty underwhelmed by the layout at first but now looking at it in relation to the audio on this release I would say that it is a perfect compliment. Holographic Beast does not release a ton of things but it is nice when they do. Excellent work. Still has a download in it as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment