Friday, September 14, 2012

Teenage Tasteless "Bartan Shumak" cs


Teenage Tasteless 
Bartan Shumak
Already Dead Tapes



This is thick as syrup noise. Not sweet but it really gets into your brain and just slowly moves around until its filled all the nooks and cranies. Sounds like it is made up of guitar, synth and field recordings that swing left to right across your speakers with the moment of saxophone. Maybe. It's pretty excellent. At times it has that awesome soundtrack vibe that some of the early filmstrips they would play in school in the 70's and 80's, if you are old enough to understand what that means.

The layout is simple but well thought out with some interesting font choices. Not much to say, but it looks nice.

I don't know how I would feel about this on sight. It doesn't really speak to me at all but the 1970's academic soundtrack sound sells me. If someone told me ahead of time, I would. 

No comments:

Post a Comment