Thursday, September 6, 2012

Crimes of the Crown "Royalty Statutory" cs


Crimes of the Crown
Royalty Statutory
Crimes of the Crown



This is, as it was described to me, scrap metal worship. It's a fucking amazing sounding field recording. No effects, no overdubs, just some guys destroying metal in the middle of nowhere and it sounds so alien and gigantic that I am pretty blown away to be honest. Imagine if you could be the Iron Giant and you were playing at a scrap yard just dragging your huge metal hands through piles of metal and debris… Got that? Well, this is what it would sound like. Awesome. Oh my favorite part is where it stops for a second and you hear someone say "oh shit, are you okay?" I am guessing someone bled for this tape. 

It looks kinda awesome and shitty at the same time. Totally perfect for the audio. The j card is the wrong size and it's cut poorly. The text is cut and paste, which is one of my favorite ways to deal with text but in this case it's just total junk and that is what is so perfect. I am strangely pleased.

Would I buy this? Yeah. I would. 

No comments:

Post a Comment