Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Michael Muennich "Zum Geleit" 3"cdr


Michael Muennich
Zum Geleit
Fragment Factory



This is another 3" cdr I have not got around to reviewing and I fell pretty dumb for sitting on this. The music on this release is excellent. Layers of crackling fire, snapping sticks, bells and a sub bass swell of anxiety. This is one long soundscape by the artist that is really effective in producing a claustrophobic sense of anxiety and sadness. I don't know why but this is really hitting me in the right way at the right time. Dark and melancholy musique concréte sounds

     The packaging is in a mini dvd case (amray?) with some nicely printed black and white inserts. Nice type treatment for just all being center justified. It looks quite good. Nice work.

     I would buy this. This label has always been pretty consistent with the goods. 

No comments:

Post a Comment