Thursday, July 21, 2011

Blue Sabbath Black Cheer "witches" cs


Blue Sabbath Black Cheer
Witches
Destructive Industries
(5)

Anyone who has read my blog in the past year probably knows that I really enjoy BSBC. They're a juggernaut in doom and noise right now and I know the day when they get the same mention as Sunn 0))), Earth or Neurosis is not far away. Although, the big difference between BSBC and the aforementioned bands is that they don't really give a fuck if that happens or not. They don't tour a whole lot, they don't have a huge web presence and even though their records fetch some decent cash on eBay, they are pretty much a band that doesn't care about turning itself into a product. They fly so far below the radar that they might as well be underwater. Good for them. Part of me doesn't want to share them and the other part wants to tell every kid who shells out their hard earned money on fucked up records to send Stan Reed and Wm. Rage a check every month for some new wonderful gem of pain and misanthropy. This cassette is a great place for those who have yet to check them out to become initiated. It features long time contributor, Mason Jones, and it is fucking brutal. Destructive walls of noise mixed with some pretty intense vocals. Rhythms made up of swelling bass tones and the crashing down of mountains. It's still the kind of thing you must not play around children. You gotta be responsible with this kind of stuff. I can't mention the artwork in my review because in full disclosure, I did it. I hope you can find a copy of this. I think the label may have a few more left, although I have a feeling this is destined for a vinyl reissue in the future. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment