Monday, August 6, 2012

Ur


Ur
Coniuntion 



Ur has really nailed the dark, doom drone thing quite well. They started out seeming like they were really huge fans of Sunn0))) and now they make releases that sound like what you would image a band that inspired Sunn0))) from the 1970s. It's psychedelic, dark and creepy as shit. Really excellent work from this Italian group. I think if you haven't heard Ur yet this would be a good place to start. 
     The packaging actually works really well even though it is basically just a blank black cassette in a cardboard mailer. I think it's the shoddy label that is working so well for me. It is designed in a way that calls to mind early experimental cassettes from the late 80s. Think Hermann Nitsch or Factory Records.

     Would I buy this? Yes.

2 comments:

  1. Where can I get this or hear it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check the label link to the right. The label is called Coniuntion. I don't think that is a real word.

    ReplyDelete