Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Uglyhead "The Garden" 2xcd


Uglyhead
The Garden
Self Released



This album came with a press release. I made the mistake of reading it. A lot of words about dynamic flux, weird warlock recording processes, and how I’m probably not patient enough to fully appreciate this record. “The Garden” is apparently a “Hellish tale of transformation, consumption, and devastation.” Oh, and it’s also available in a super deluxe edition. It comes with a patch, 2 buttons, moss, pressed flowers, animal bones, and “other surprises”. 

    That’s probably too many words. If they were to make another Crow movie, and it was fucking awesome, Half of this record would be the soundtrack. If they were to make another Crow movie, and it was almost as bad as City of Angels, the other half of this record would be the soundtrack. There are moments where this thing rocks so hard it will make your boogers melt. Then there was that moment when I got so bored I went I googled the dude from Frontline Assembly, just to see what he’s up to these days.

     The art for this thing is beautiful, covered in hi-rez photo’s of probably not dangerous plants. It came with an instrumental disc, where the art on the cd is just inverted, a touch I’m pretty into.

     Would I buy this? Fuck yeah, but mainly because I might end up with a cat femur or something. (RS)

No comments:

Post a Comment