Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tile "Universal" cs


Tile 
Universal
Lava Church



So this is weird. The very next cassette I listen to after the Kurt Travis is this Tile cassette. The reason it is a little weird is because you can almost describe them the same way. Synth rock, with vocals and some drum machine type loops but they could not be more different. Tile is dark and brooding. It sounds like really early Psychic TV to me. This one record in particular that I can't remember the name but it's a good one. This is normally not something I listen to a lot of so therefore I don't know a ton about it but it's pretty killer.

     It looks a little boring but the type design is nice. I guess it's not too bad in that respect as well. The packaging made me think I was going to get a big drone record but this was a nice surprise. 

    I don't think it is the type of thing I would normally buy but it's pretty good. I guess I give it a thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment