Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Cherry Point "Black Witchery" cd


The Cherry Point 
Black Witchery
PacRec



Did you ever see “Season of the Witch”? I did, it was fucking terrible. Because it’s such a piece of shit movie, it felt long, and tortuous, and the entire film left you with that sinking feeling in your gut that there’s really no escaping what’s about to happen next.

     This "The Cherry Point" thing is a lot like Season of the Witch. Sure, it’s got a track actually titled “Season of the witch” but that’s too easy. Like the 95 minutes I wasted watching a rotted pile of Nicolas Cage’s smeg, This record feels long, and torturous, and there’s actually no way of escaping. I tried to pause it at one point and it didn’t work. This is most likely related to the fact that this computer is shit and can’t handle the size of my outlook penis, but I’m just gonna blame it on impressive Cherry Point witchery.
Unlike the film, this thing is fucking rad. HNW tearing at your eardrums like a horde of hungry earwigs. I’m never going to listen to it again because I like not having that feeling of being strangled by an oscillator, but you should totally check it out.

     The cover art is of a pretty lady, she looks classy. I dunno if she’s a witch or what, maybe she’s tied to a stake or something, I can’t tell. I’m pretty sure she’s not black though. The back looks like utter shit, but that’s probably the point. 

     Oh, you can visit them at www.bloodmania.com,
Awesome name noise bros. (RS)

2 comments:

  1. the only HNW album I can really listen to...this thing never gets old for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I would call this HNW. When I think of HNW I think of Vomir. That unchanging, bleak excursion in utter depression. That said, Phil Blankenship continues to amaze. Not quite as pummeling as Night of the Bloody Tapes, but definitely worth the listen.

    ReplyDelete