Friday, February 4, 2011

Horseback "forbidden planet"


Horseback
forbidden planet
Brave Mysteries
(5)

I actually missed out on this one. I just want to talk about how good this thing is and also how I am going to have to steal it from my friend who loaned it to me. Very different from the Invisible Mountain LP that has become so popular; this is more of an array of psychedelic transmissions crashing into each other. Dense and full of interesting textures and beautiful guitar swells and feedback and broken up by some eery twisted screams throughout. Definitely leaning more towards noise or even harsh drone I find myself really overtaken by the sounds on this cassette. No drums at all, just waves of constant crashing destruction and construction. I could listen to this all day, bummer I have to give it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment