Thursday, March 29, 2012

Maaaa "Human Waste" cdr


MAAAA
Human Waste
self released?
(4)

Maaaa has an urgency in their noise that isn't found everywhere. There are these rhythms that made me actually just stare into the distance and almost feel nothing when they started. It's like being a deer in the head lights. It's pretty cool actually. The vocals on this recording are just fucking twisted. The overall sound is dirty and slightly evil. I am enjoying a lot of what I am hearing from Poland these days and this is no exception. This will be the second Maaaa release I have heard and I am hoping not the last. It's good stuff. The layout is a little too simple for me. I think it's the slim cdr cases that are starting to bug me. There really isn't a lot you can do with them on their own. I appreciate the minimal nature of the design on this one though. The type treatment on the back is a little questionable but overall it's well executed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment