Friday, March 9, 2012

Compactor "Self Destruct Sequence" cs


Compactor
Self Destruct Sequence
Worthless Recordings
(3)




I want to start by saying that this is a fucking good cassette. The "3" rating (which is a good rating) is mainly because I feel the audio on this cassette is just a little unbalanced. Mainly because the first side is a little heavy on the industrial side of things for me. I know groups like Scorn are pretty fucking awesome, and I do own those records, but the first side just feels a tiny bit too much. Not that it's bad, because it's not. It sounds great. It's like Scorn meets Hair Police or something.  But it's the second side that blew me away. Totally abstract, darkness that is completely unique and inspiring. I don't even know how to compare this but I have rewound and listened to this second side about ten times now. It's amazing. The artwork is good but simple. Limited, but I am not sure to how many. Too few I assume. 

No comments:

Post a Comment