Sunday, December 21, 2014

Battalion of Cloudships/Faint Glow—split cassette

Battalion of Cloudships/Faint Glow
split cassette
Assorted Psychedelia



So this is almost two years old at this point and I need to apologize again to everyone that I am so behind. Not only do I need to apologize to the producers of so many fine cassettes and music but to the audience that isn't getting the word that these things rule. That said, this thing rules. Faint Glow has been reviewed on here before but this is probably my favorite thing of theirs so far. Super simple and brittle. Like the music frayed wires would like to listen to. It's awesome. Battalion of Cloudships, besides having an awesome name, have really done something special here. It's sad and deeply hurting. I really love when I find something that acts as a mirror to how I feel most of the time. I'm going to were out this cassette. Someone needs to put this out on a one sided 7" or something. 


The tape looks great. Simple O card that has been deftly assembled to have some real depth and texture. Really nice. The type treatment is very minimal but done well. They even used a ligature. Nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment