Thursday, June 20, 2013

Muennich/Esposito/Jupitter-Larsen "The Wraiths of Flying A" cd

Muennich/Esposito/Jupitter-Larsen
The Wraiths of Flying A
Firework Edition


So on that list of amazing releases that I shouldn't have missed until now, is this one. In fact, this is at the top of said list. This cd may actually be a fucking masterpiece and I feel shitty I sat in it for as long as I did. I'm pretty blown away. The sounds I this collaborative release are the definition of restraint. I think I have said that before but this raises the bar. Usually when you get noise acts together for a 3+ person collaboration all of the people jam a bunch of stuff together just to see what comes out. This is the opposite. The tracks on here are quiet distorted drones and loops accompanied by all sorts of sounds. Things like static bursts, destroyed tape manipulations, bells, and maybe the sounds of the sad, forgotten dead trying to sleep in a dark room. The record is haunting to say the least. It's my favorite thing right now. I imagine that if there is an afterlife mine will sound like this, sadly. Imagine David Lynch and Throbbing Gristle decided to illustrate the end. This is what it might sound like. 

The design and typography is impeccable. No complaints other than I wish it was in a different type of case other than a jewel case but whatever... This is essentially flawless. 


Yes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment