Friday, April 5, 2013

Quilielfi "Forgetter" cs


Quilielfi
Forgetter
Universal Consciousness



This was quite a surprise. It shouldn't be–universal consciousness has been doing the most interesting black metal releases to tape in quite some time–but I still wasn't totally prepared for how awesome and interesting this was. Quilielfi is really bizarre bedroom black metal folk in a way I haven't heard in a while. Imagine someone trekking out to the woods to record their songs because certain trees will be the drums and acoustic guitars with no distortion will be the instruments but then add crazy snarling screams and strange piercing controlled feedback. Quilielfi is something like that, but you really have to hear it to fully understand. It's amazing music and it's from my neighborhood. I have no idea who does this, Ballard is not a huge neighborhood in Seattle and I know most people but this was somehow made right under my nose. I am fascinated. 


Looks amazing. Buy something from U.C. and you will feel like it is actually worth something. 





No comments:

Post a Comment