Sunday, February 3, 2013

Merzbow & Balázs Pándi "Katowice" cd


Merzbow & Balázs Pándi
Katowice
Instant Classic/Radiofonia



Anytime I receive anything in the mail that says Merzbow on it I get a jolt to my brain. My first real noise show was Daniel Menche, Masonna and Merzbow in Seattle in the mid 90's. It changed things for me and rearranged my brain. This cd is made up of a live set that was performed in Poland in 2011. It has a killer free jazz meets total audio destruction. I wish I could have been there. Thankfully, it sounds really good as well. I am assuming this was recorded off the board because it sounds almost like a studio recording. I have linked a youtube sample below.

     Pro-printed covers and a cool appropriate layout full of hand written text that I assume came for items found around the actual show. 

http://youtu.be/ZVhHNcMKsj





No comments:

Post a Comment