Friday, January 11, 2013

Disthroned Agony // Grain Belt // Ice Volt split/collaborative cs


Disthroned Agony // Grain Belt // Ice Volt
Live at the Book House
Small Doses



This live recording was captured in an actual bookstore in Minneapolis a couple years back. It took me awhile to get to it but it put it in during a good part of my life. I am kinda getting into noise recordings that use no pedals or real effects. Just pure sound. This release is just that. Three artists using found and organic objects to make their sounds. Scraping metal, glass, stones, or even the human voice creates a weird painting of the evening captured on cassette. I really wish I could have been there but this will have to do. 

     The simple, clean layout using mostly text look nice. Not much else to say but the pro printing is always nice.




No comments:

Post a Comment