Friday, December 21, 2012

Pentacene cs


Pentacene
Small Doses



I think I say this a lot but this band really started out giving me a strong Birchville Cat Motel vibe. Which is great but what is better is that they slowly move away from that, incorporate some live drums and get on this ambient, junk jazz groove that totally works for me. The second side has this massive piece that sounds like that one song Explosions in the Sky plays all the time but backwards. All in all, it is an interesting and varied effort and I totally dig it. 

     Solid design and execution by Small Doses as usual. Screenprinted arigato pack from Stumptown Printers. Along with a small insert sheet that I immediately lost. As in I just had it…  dammit. Anyhow, It's good.

     Real good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment