Thursday, February 13, 2014

Homogenized Terrestrials/Andrew Quitter/Cruudeuces/Dog Hallucination—The Moon is Hungry 2xcs

Homogenized Terrestrials/Andrew Quitter/Cruudeuces/Dog Hallucination
The Moon is Hungry
Intangible Cat



This double cassette 4 way split is all about worship. At least that's how I see it. It feels vaguely religious. Like you are listening to some tribal conjuring happening just beyond the trees. It makes me feel a little nervous. I like that. The Moon tape is smooth and hypnotic where as the Earth tape in more bludgeoning or eerie. I had heard Andrew Quitter before but everyone else on this was a surprise. Excellent work.
     The design works pretty well. I'm not a huge fan of that vertical stacked type. As typography goes it's not very readable and therefore not generally successful but I think since they really committed to it on this release I was sold by the time I read everything. It comes with little photo cards inside as well as being packaged in one of those cool double Norelco cases.

No comments:

Post a Comment