Thursday, November 6, 2014

Auburn Lull—Hiber cs

Auburn Lull
Hiber
Geographic North



An excellent if not unusual drone/space-rock cassette from Michigan. I haven't heard any of this band's other work but this is just the right amount Music for Airports for me. That era of Brain Eno's work should be cast in bronze and shot to all ends of the universe. Auburn Lull could be right up there with him. It may be a little too on-the-nose for some but I can' get enough. This also has a slightly dirtier sound that I think really sets them apart. This is great…


The layout is very interesting. The typography is very interesting but it's also a little hard to follow if you aren't sure what the land is called to begin with. Maybe if they had messed with the weights of the type a little it could have helped someone like me that didn't know what I was receiving but it's still one of the better type treatments I have seen on a cassette here. I really like the artwork wrapping around all the places of the j card you would normally never see artwork. Well done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment