Saturday, January 19, 2013

Myrrh "Hymns" cs


Myrrh
Hymns
Lightenupsounds

I had to borrow this image. Having issues with my camera. 


It's nice to get something from this label again. They did some rad stuff that i reviewed a year or so ago and it looks like they haven't stopped. Excellent. The recording on this is raw as fuck. Luckily it works really well for this instrumental band. I guess to describe this I would say that recent Earth and early Sunn 0))) and mix in a strange amount of Tangerine Dream and you have something about right. It's unique and pretty killer. 

     Nice packaging. Pro-printed cassettes and nice looking j cards. I like the display font they use for the band name as well. Type in general is handled quite well. It looks like they really care and I dig that. 


Grab one. 





No comments:

Post a Comment